Culebra Renewable Energy | PROJECT MANAGER | Full-Time position
Candidates interested to apply, send resume by email:
DEADLINE | November 7, 2019
The Puerto Rico Community Foundation (PRCF) is a 34-year-old philanthropic institution. Our overall goal is to narrow the inequity gap in communities in Puerto Rico by building social, economic and human capital. This goal will spur the growth of community assets such as water, energy, food security; strengthening self-sufficiency, economic development, home security and education. Throughout the years, we have become philanthropic advisors to individuals, families, corporations and other foundations in facilitating their philanthropic plans to the community in the form of grants and scholarships. We’ve also had keen interest in the design and execution of programs that target community’s pressing needs, some in the form of grant portfolios and others by providing capacity building, technical assistance and direct intervention in the area identified.
General Job Description
Lead and be in charge of the implementation, management and effective operation of the Renewable Energy Culebra Project (“the Project”), according to the specifications of the grant award approved to the Fundación Comunitaria de Puerto Rico by the Economic Development Administration, to implement a solar energy project for critical facilities, non-profit and business organizations in the Municipality of Culebra. It will serve as a liaison between project members, allies, project donors and the Fundación Comunitaria de Puerto Rico.
- Develop a work and action plan for the implementation and management of the project according to the specific conditions, rules and requirements stated in the Grant Award granted by EDA to the Fundación Comunitaria de Puerto Rico to implement a solar energy project for critical facilities, non-profit organizations and business in the Municipality of Culebra.
- Monitor the Renewable Energy Culebra Project to be carried out according to the Authorized Scope of Work, which includes: Install a solar energy system to support businesses, resiliency and economic development in the municipality of Culebra, Puerto Rico; including the installation of approximately 2,695 solar panels, with hurricane-resistant racking, AC inverters, batteries, metering, and appurtenances, and operational training for end-users.
- Ensure that all the deliverables and activities are delivered and carry out on-time, in accordance with the Project Development Time Schedule.
- In charge of identifying the metrics and achieving their effective implementation.
- Provide support to ascertain effective and efficient implementation of the Project, including: the preparation of letters, reports, meetings and other tasks required by the FCPR; as well as coordinate, execute and participate in project activities, according to the established work plan.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the community. Manage and carry out community organizing activities and engagement, as well as empowering the community and non-profit organizations to be involved and to administrate the Project.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors assigned to the Project.
- In charge of identifying contractors and auction management according to EDA regulations.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering brief and clarify specific requirements of the Project.
- Supervise all the independent contractors in the Project.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustment to Project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Priority setting
- Time management
- Effective communication
- Analytical Ability
- Supervision and delegation
- Diversity Management
- Management by objectives
- Required: A Bachelor’s degree preferred. Six to eight years related work experience, project management experience strongly preferred.
- Skills in communication and interpersonal relationship management and team work to achieve the goals assigned.
- Administrative skills, good time management.
- Possess creativity and initiative.
- Supervision, planning and organization capacity.
- Completely bilingual with excellent communication skills written/verbal in English/Spanish.
- Analytical and reporting skills.
- Expected travel time: 50% of the time of the office.
“We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and take Affirmative Action to recruit Women, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.”